* Commandos & paratroopers: Iranian army launches massive drills near mouth of Persian Gulf (VIDEO, PHOTOS) The Iranian army has started a massive military exercise involving commando and paratrooper units.
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
* Iraq tightens security along flashpoint Syria frontier, military says Iraq is tightening security along its 600 km (400 mile) border with Syria to curb the movement of Islamic State militants, drug smuggling and other illegal activities.
* Russia tells Israel: Stop bombing Iran targets in Syria, we’ll take care of it Russia’s foreign minister said his country doesn’t want Syria used “as a platform for the Iranian-Israeli strife.”
* Nuclear Extortion: Mullahs Want More Concessions from Biden Iran... rejoined the global financial system with full legitimacy -- plus billions of dollars flowing into the treasury of the IRGC and its expanding militias across the Middle East.
* European Powers Which Stuck by Iran Deal ‘Strongly Urge’ Tehran to Stop Breaking It Germany, France and Britain pressed Iran on Saturday to back off the latest planned violation of its 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, saying that Tehran has “no credible civilian use” for uranium metal.
* Britain 'seriously concerned' about Israel's construction plans British government criticizes Israel’s decision to approve the construction of hundreds of new housing units in Samaria.
* Erdogan Nurses Forlorn Hope For the Best with Biden As More and More Ask, Why Is Turkey Still in NATO? President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday, January 14, that he hoped positive steps will be taken by Washington on Turkey’s role in the F-35 jet program, and its ability to purchase the plane be reinstated, once US President-elect Joe Biden takes office.
* No thaw in ties until Hamas booted out of Istanbul, Israel tells Turkey: report Hamas earlier reported to have set up secret base in Istanbul to launch cyberattacks.
* Rights Groups Decry Rise in Forced Conversions, Religious Killings in Pakistan Human rights activists have reported a negative trend in Pakistan’s violations of religious freedom, insisting 2020 saw a marked increase in persecution of Christians and other religious minorities.
* Israel to Name Train Stop at Temple Mount After Trump An Israeli minister stated in an interview that he stands firm in his commitment to name the soon-to-be-built train station adjacent to the Temple mount “Donald J. Trump Station.”
Posted by Shofar Communications at 11:27 AM