* Gaddafi escapes to Algeria? A convoy of six armored vehicles has crossed the Libyan border to Algeria on Saturday night.
* Ahmadinejad: No place for Israel in region The creation of a universally-recognized Palestinian state would be just a first step towards wiping out Israel.
* Egypt convinced Israel not to assassinate Hamas leader in Gaza Egypt convinced Israel to cancel a plan to assassinate Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh following the terrorist attacks near Eilat last week.
* Libyan capital Tripoli faces water, power crisis Living conditions in Tripoli are becoming increasingly desperate, with most of Libya's capital without water, electricity or proper sanitation.
* 'US, Israel fear terrorists will obtain Syrian weapons' The United States and Israel voiced serious concern that terrorist groups would use the faltering regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad to seize government stockpiled nonconventional weapons.
* 'Not a grain of Palestinian sand should be conceded' Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah on Friday spoke out against concessions to Israel.
* East Timor could serve as model for UN mission in Libya Unarmed UN-hatted police supported by African Union and Arab League soldiers as well as Nato air-lift and sea-lift capabilities is emerging as the preferred model for a post-Gaddafi peacekeeping mission.
* 'Arab League to increase pressure on Syria' Arab governments will step up pressure on Syria's President Bashar Assad at the Arab League on Saturday.
* Arab World: Is Bashar next? The apparently imminent eclipse of the Gaddafi regime in Libya has re-ignited hope among some Western commentators.
* Rabbis go Hollywood for High Holy Days Comedy writer Janet Leahy was working on an episode of The Simpsons a couple of years ago, when her rabbi asked her for three jokes to punch up his Rosh Hashanah sermon.