* PM: Israel, Russia establish 'mechanism' to prevent 'misunderstandings' in Syria Netanyahu's meeting with Putin focused mainly on the Israel's northern border, with fears of Hezbollah attaining lethal weapons in Syria with help from Iran.
* Boosted by nuke deal, Iran ups funding to Hezbollah, Hamas Operating on assumption sanctions will be lifted, Tehran increases support to proxies, while freezing out Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal.
* Hungary PM Orban: Europe borders threatened by migrants Hungary's PM has said Europe's borders are threatened by migration, at the start of a week of intense diplomatic activity on the crisis.
* Poll: Majority of Palestinians want Abbas to resign, no longer support two-state solution The survey, taken between Sept 17-19, was conducted at a time of heightened Israeli-Palestinian tension, particularly over a Jerusalem shrine holy to Muslims and Jews.
* Analysis: Israel must prepare for Palestinian Authority's collapse After the Kalashnikov era was put down and defeated during the second intifada and Operation Defensive Shield, the Palestinians are going back to their roots - Molotov cocktails and stones.
* Syrian war spurs first withdrawal from doomsday Arctic seed vault The vault has more than 860,000 samples, from almost all nations. Even if the power were to fail, the vault would stay frozen and sealed for at least 200 years.
* Pope's visit will produce largest security operation in U.S. history Federal authorities are mobilizing one of the largest security operations in U.S. history ahead of Pope Francis's arrival Tuesday, an effort that is straining law enforcement resources in Washington, New York and Philadelphia.
* 'Europe's 1930s Jew Hatred Raised its Ugly Head Again' Minister Akunis responds to EU official announcing 'settlement' labeling soon as next week, warns 'the Europeans haven't learned a thing.'
* Ben Carson: I Wouldn't Support a Muslim President Republican presidential candidate causes uproar over comments on TV that he would not support a Muslim as President.
* ADL 'Appalled' by One-Sided UN Statement on Temple Mount Riots UNSC statement does not mention ignores the violence by Arabs, including stockpiling of pipe bombs in mosque.