* Barak: We respect the UN, but we're continuing with Gaza op Defense Minister Ehud Barak on Tuesday reiterated that the IDF was continuing its offensive in Gaza.
* Israelis strike 60 Gaza targets Israeli planes have attacked more than 60 targets in Gaza as its offensive against Hamas entered its 18th day.
* Israeli leader warns Hamas of 'iron fist' Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert stood within Hamas rocket range Monday and warned Islamic militants that they face an "iron fist".
* Haniyeh: We'll weigh truce initiatives For the first time since the beginning of the IDF military operation in the Gaza Strip, Hamas on Monday openly signaled its willingness to accept a cease-fire with Israel.
* Gaza war shines spotlight on EU foreign policy The ongoing conflict in the Middle East has served to underline weaknesses in EU foreign policy.
* Bush sticks with Israel until the end In his final press conference before he leaves office next Tuesday, US President George W. Bush on Monday strongly backed Israel in its fight against Hamas.
* Reformists to run in Iranian election Iran's former reformist president, Mohammad Khatami, on Monday said that either he or former prime minister Mir-Hossein Mousavi would run for president.
* 'Do to Hamas what the US did to Japan' Operation Cast Lead must continue until Hamas "loses the will to fight."
* Russian gas to Europe 'blocked' Russian gas giant Gazprom says Ukraine has blocked gas deliveries to Europe, dashing hopes of ending a row which has hit several countries' supplies.* 'N.K. has nuclear weapons, missile systems' North Korea has developed both nuclear weapons and missile delivery systems.