* J'lem downplays Iranian threat; Olmert: I respect Assad Israeli officials are treating Iran's latest claims that it has 600 Shihab-3 missiles aimed at targets throughout the country the same way it treated Teheran's claims.
* Peres: Israel Gave Land Before, but Rec'd No Peace, No Security President Shimon Peres says the "land for peace" formula on which Prime Minister Ehud Olmert is working has not worked for Israel.
* N. Korea denies cooperating with Syria North Korea strongly denied Tuesday that it has secretly helped Syria develop a nuclear program.
* Russia 'worried' by Iran war risk Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has expressed fears over the threat of war in Iran after talks with his French counterpart, Bernard Kouchner.
* Syria: U.S. nuclear claims are 'false,' biased toward Israel Syria criticised the United States on Tuesday, accusing it of spreading false claims of Syrian nuclear activity and cooperation with North Korea.
* Indonesia's big one 'on its way' An international team of earthquake specialists says Indonesia faces another potential "giant" quake in the near future.
* Oil Hits New Intraday High Above $81 Oil prices climbed to a new high, above $81 a barrel, on expectations that the U.S. Federal Reserve would cut benchmark federal funds rate later.
* Report: India to launch Israeli spy satellite in upcoming days India plans to launch an Israeli spy satellite over the coming days.
* Europe is not a 'threat' Barroso tells UK European commission president Jose Manuel Barroso has told UK politicians they have nothing to fear from Europe and they should back the new Reform Treaty.* Independence for Kosovo is off the agenda, envoy reveals The international community is backing away from a clear endorsement of independence for Kosovo.