* With US Exiting Afghanistan, Russia and China May Move In Following President Joe Biden’s announcement last week that US forces will withdraw from Afghanistan by Sept. 11, 2021, multiple outlets are reporting that both China and Russia may increase their involvement in the country once the last US boot is off Afghan soil.
Friday, April 23, 2021
* East Jerusalem clashes leave over 100 injured Scores of people have been injured in clashes in East Jerusalem between far-right Jewish activists, Palestinians and Israeli police.
* EU nations at UNSC: Israel must allow east Jerusalem Palestinians vote Palestinian officials have threatened to delay of cancel the elections, citing Israel’s failure to respond to their request to hold the vote in Jerusalem.
* Terror candidates must not run in Palestinian elections, US tells UNSC "Terrorists who deny Israel's right to exist are being allowed to participate in the elections," said UN Ambassador Gilad Erdan.
* Adversaries Saudi Arabia and Iran hold talks, region holds its breath The rivals for regional power have plenty to talk about. If they do come closer, it would have a significant impact on the Middle East's most pressing conflicts.
* Japan to hold 1st large-scale military drills with US and France amid South China Sea tensions The exercise will start in the south of Japan from May 11, marking the first time the three nations will have held a drill with ground troops, as tensions simmer with Beijing over activity in the East and South China Seas.
* Ukraine, Russia, and the West Having used brutal force to crush nationwide demonstrations in support of jailed opposition leader Alexei Navalny, President Vladimir Putin has now embarked on a new venture.
* Elect an American Democrat President, get a World War The Democrats need to use Russia's Ukraine issue to obscure America's real enemy, China, who is paying them and corporate America off. Op-ed
* US ‘deeply concerned’ over Jerusalem violence, doesn’t single out either side Embassy calls on ‘responsible voices to end incitement’ after violent clashes outside Old City between cops, Palestinians and far-right Jewish mob chanting ‘Death to Arabs’.
* Biden Green-Lights Federal Funding For Research Using Aborted Fetal Tissue On Friday, the Biden administration reversed a policy from the Trump administration that restricted funding research using fetal tissue harvested from aborted babies.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 10:28 AM