* Rabbis Issue United Call to Establish Synagogue on Temple Mount Large group of Religious Zionist rabbis from across spectrum ask Prime Minister to establish a synagogue on the Temple Mount.
* Peres on Iran: We don't want another Hiroshima in our time President meets Austrian counterpart in Vienna, calls on Iran to stop supporting "killing and blood."
* Ukraine angered by Russia PM Medvedev's visit to Crimea Ukraine has condemned a visit by Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev to Crimea, describing it as a "crude violation" of international rules.
* Kerry lands in Israel in attempt to salvage faltering peace talks US Secretary of state breaks from his travel schedule in Rome amid crisis over delayed prisoner release and Abbas's refusal to extend talks.
* Report: Syria deploys anti-aircraft missile batteries along Turkish border "Syria is ready to deal with any hostile Turkish plane that enters Syria's airspace," Syrian army sources say.
* German minister compares Putin's Ukraine moves to Hitler in 1938 Chancellor Angela Merkel quickly distances herself from Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble's remarks.
* Germany ready to reinforce Nato-Russia borders Germany has said its air force is ready to increase security on Nato's border with Russia, despite Moscow's promise not to escalate the crisis in Ukraine.
* North and South Korea exchange fire across western sea border North and South Korea have exchanged fire into the sea across the disputed western sea border, South Korea says.
* Where Did the Palestinians Come From, Anyway? There are many competing claims at play in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, but the simple question of who was here first, as childish as it might sound, remains central to the contest.
* A 10-step plan to making the EU a strategic actor The European Union's awkward efforts to shape events in Ukraine and to deter Russia from taking actions that threaten the EU's interests and values there, like the EU's massive failures in the former Yugoslavia two decades ago, yield one undeniable lesson: the European Union must learn to think and act strategically.