* US, Israeli defense chiefs meeting under shadow of arms transfers Hafez Assad kept Hezbollah on a short leash.
* PM: Israel ready to defend itself against another Holocaust Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu vowed on Thursday that Israel will take any necessary means to prevent a repetition of the Holocaust and that it is prepared to defend itself, alone if necessary.
* UN report says 93,000 killed in Syrian conflict The death toll in Syria reached at least 93,000 at the end of April.
* Morsi's rule said threatened by impending protests Mohammed Morsi's rule in Egypt may end only one year after it began.
* Rumors of war in the north Earlier this week, the US government warned Americans to steer clear of Israel's northern Golan Heights.
* Despite secrecy, interest builds around mysterious First Temple find outside Bethlehem A mysterious First Temple-era archaeological find under a Palestinian orchard near Bethlehem is increasingly gaining attention.
* The Return of Crusader Theology The WCC also took aim at Christians who dare to support Israel, the reviled "Christian Zionists".
* Hot Mic Catches Egyptian Politician Discussing 'War' with 'Enemies' Israel and America Just last month, Secretary of State John Kerry quietly sent Egypt an additional $1.3 billion, even though Egypt has failed to live up to democracy standards.
* Journalists Tour Temple Mount A group of leading journalists, most of them with religious backgrounds, toured the Temple Mount Thursday.
* Turkey's Erdogan gives final warning to protesters Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan said on Thursday his patience had run out after almost two weeks of anti-government protests.