* UN envoy: Gaza op seems to be war crime of greatest magnitude A UN human rights investigator said Israel's offensive against Hamas in densely populated Gaza appeared to constitute a war crime of the "greatest magnitude."
* Iranian tipped US on Syrian facility A top-ranked Iranian defector told the US that Iran was financing North Korean moves to make Syria into a nuclear weapons power, leading to an Israeli air strike that destroyed a secret reactor.
* Iran's first satellite 'completes mission' Western powers nervous about potentially military technical know-how
* Obama offers Iran new beginning in diplomacy US President Obama issued an unprecedented videotaped appeal to Iran on Friday offering a "new beginning" of diplomatic engagement.
* PA Plans Sovereignty Strut for Arab Jerusalem Day The Palestinian Authority has created an Arab version of the annual Israeli celebration of Jerusalem Day.
* UN panel says world should ditch dollar A UN panel will recommend that the world ditch the dollar as its reserve currency in favor of a shared basket of currencies.
* I am not Jewish but... Over the years, some of my wildest critics seem to have assumed I am Jewish.
* Russian planes again fly over US Navy ships Russian military aircraft flew just 500 feet over two US Navy ships this week as the ships participated in a joint military exercise with South Korea in the Sea of Japan.
* Netanyahu to ask for continuance on coalition mandate Prime minister-designate expected to ask Peres for more time to form government; Barak to suggest Labor enter formal coalition talks with Likud
* EU defends recovery plan The recovery plan agreed by the EU last year is sufficient to fight the economic crisis despite what its critics say.