* EU treaty closer to ratification after Czech deal agreed The EU came a step closer to full ratification of the Lisbon Treaty after it managed to agree to a sensitive demand by the Czech Republic on the new institutional rules without upsetting other member states.
* Netanyahu to Mitchell: UN Iran initiative 'a positive first step' In yet another push for Middle East peace, US Mideast envoy George Mitchell met with Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem early Friday afternoon.
* EU summit sees fresh discussion on top appointments France, Germany, Spain and Austria stuck daggers into the Blair EU presidency bid in and around a summit in Brussels.
* EU: Iran must stick by uranium offer European leaders pressed Iran Friday to stick by a deal that would limit its uranium enrichment.
* Post-war events intrude upon EU summit Europe's bloody past hung over EU leaders as they gathered in Brussels to finally try and bring a conclusion to the Lisbon Treaty soap opera.
* Analysis: New fundamentalist movements on the rise in Gaza One of the most notable political processes currently taking place in Hamas-ruled Gaza is the growing prominence of "Salafi jihad" organizations.
* Internet addresses set for change The internet regulator has approved plans to allow non-Latin-script web addresses, in a move that is set to transform the online world.
* 14 years on: Israel remembers Rabin As the Knesset met in a special Thursday session to remember the assassination of prime minister Yitzhak Rabin, the nation's political leadership searched for lessons learned in the ensuing 14 years regarding the nature of Israeli society.
* US admiral concerned about China military buildup A U.S. Navy admiral expressed new concern Friday over China's military buildup and urged Beijing to be clearer about its intentions.
* Arab World: Who will be the next leader of Egypt? A new name has been added to the list of contenders for the presidency in Egypt.