* Hajj stampede: At least 717 killed in Saudi Arabia - At least 717 people taking part in the Hajj pilgrimage have been killed in a stampede near the Islamic holy city of Mecca, officials in Saudi Arabia say.
* Russia announces naval drills in "east Mediterranean" - Russia's defence ministry on Thursday said it will hold naval drills in the "east Mediterranean" in September and October, as the West frets over a military buildup by Moscow in Syria.
* Watch: PA Puts Temple Mount Incitement into Overdrive - Abbas's 'filthy Jews' was only tip of the iceberg - former PA PM, Fatah official and websites churn out calls for violence on holy site.
* Hamas Threatens Egypt Over Gaza "Moat" - Haniyeh lashes out at Egyptian project to create water border barrier, warning "we will do our duty against those besieging Gaza."
* Russia threatens response if US places new nukes in Germany - US says new weapons are upgraded versions of those in arsenal for decades.
* Rare 3,000-year-old King David era seal discovered by Temple Mount Sifting Project - 10-year-old Russian volunteer unearths unprecedented find.
* Repent! Pope Francis lectures America on immigration, abortion, gay marriage and the Syrian refugee crisis in first-ever Capitol Hill address by a sitting pontiff - Pope Francis delivered a stinging blow to nativist conservatives bent on keeping illegal immigrants and Middle Eastern refugees out of the United States, saying Thursday in a landmark address to Congress that Americans should show compassion to immigrants of all stripes.
* Jordan’s king refuses to talk to Netanyahu - US diplomats urge Abdullah to help resolve Temple Mount tensions with the PM, to no avail.
* Satellite imagery reveals new Russian bases in Syria - Imagery shows another two military facilities under construction in addition to buildup of combat planes and tanks; Kerry: Supporting Assad is attracting foreign fighters who oppose him.
* "Netanyahu Government Will Fall in 2016" - It’s been in power a mere six months and already there is talk of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s current government collapsing and Israel being subjected to yet another early election.