* Israel’s Defense Ministry demands special funding for attack on Iran The Defense Ministry made its demand in the background of Iran’s growing nuclear threat.
Tuesday, February 02, 2021
* Wide alarm: Iran presumed just weeks away from a nuclear weapon Attention was drawn to Iran’s sponsorship of terrorism by the explosion outside the Israel embassy in Delhi on Friday, Jan. 29 – without, however, detracting from the Biden administration’s first priority – dealing with Tehran’s rapid advance to a nuke.
* The IDF Must Be Ready to Prevent Iran’s Nuclearization Ensuring the necessary capabilities to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons should political efforts fail to achieve this goal must be the IDF’s top priority.
* Iran blinks again and again on 'redlines' - analysis In a Monday night interview with CNN, Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif made his latest shift.
* What next as Israel steps up attacks on Iranian forces in Syria? A spate of deadly Israeli air raids and other attacks have created a conundrum for Iran and its intentions in Syria.
* UAE ambassador: ‘Abraham Accords were about preventing annexation’ Envoy also confirms Netanyahu trip to Abu Dhabi next week, says bad blood between Emiratis and Palestinians can be overcome with show of good faith from Ramallah.
* Tensions rise as Biden admin. changes Middle East dynamic The commander of U.S. Central Command is in Israel now, the first high-level visit by a top American official since Biden's inauguration.
* Syria: Pro-Assad Forces Clash with Kurdish Security A militia loyal to Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad attacked the Kurdish Asayesh security forces in Hasaka, in the northeast of the country, on Sunday, breaking a longstanding, tense lull in hostilities between the two sides.
* The US Will Need Turkey to Counter Russia If President Biden is serious about containing Russia through reinvigorating NATO, he will need Turkey’s geopolitical standing as well as its military and political clout.
* Mahmoud Abbas is threatening to kill anyone who might oppose him The Palestinian attempt to appease the Biden administration by holding Palestinian elections threatens to reveal the flabbiness and collapse of Fatah, which lies at the heart of the Palestinian Authority.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 12:17 PM