* Netanyahu: Khamenei 'Not a Rational Leader' Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu explains in closed conversations why he is seriously considering attacking Iran's nuclear facilities.
* IDF Knew Sinai Attack Was Imminent, Prevented Disaster Israeli intelligence prevented a catastrophe by forewarning soldiers of Sunday night's terrorist attack, which was foiled at the border.
* South China Sea: Beijing attacks US 'trouble-making' Chinese state media have hit out at US "trouble-making" on the South China Sea, two days after Beijing summoned a US diplomat on the issue.
* Syria Prime Minister Riad Hijab defects Syrian Prime Minister Riad Hijab has defected from President Bashar al-Assad's government to join "the revolution", his spokesman says.
* Nasa's Curiosity rover successfully lands on Mars The US space agency has just landed a huge new robot rover on Mars.
* Saudi invites Iran for extraordinary Muslim summit Saudi King Abdullah invited Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for an extraordinary summit of Muslim leaders to be held this month in the holy city of Mecca, state news agency SPA reported Sunday.
* A Kurdish spillover: Violence in Turkey The Syrian turmoil is causing great concerns for Turkey and relations with its Kurdish community.
* The Region: Why Israel is economically advanced Romney mentioned the gap between the Israeli and Palestinian economies, by which he meant democracy, liberty, free enterprise and the rule of law.
* 'Everybody thinks Europe is a Christian continent' EU institutions avoid God. But for some religious leaders in EU-aspirant countries, member states' Christian origins are still politicaly important.
* Hamas on full alert after Sinai attack Hamas said on Monday that its security forces in the Gaza Strip are on the alert after Egypt's army vowed to avenge the killing of 16 guards by gunmen near the Israeli border.