* Egyptian Cleric: People Thirst for Jews' Blood Hamas's Al Aqsa TV has aired sermons by an Egyptian cleric in which he says that people he meets everywhere "thirst for the blood of the Jews."
* Stuxnet-like virus discovered in Israel, Lebanon A new cyber surveillance virus has been found in the Middle East that can spy on financial transactions, email and social networking activity.
* Iran: Abrupt Assad fall would be 'catastrophic' Iran said an abrupt end to the rule of Syrian President Bashar Assad would have catastrophic consequences for his country.
* 'US, Israeli intel Iran closer than ever' Defense Minister Ehud Barak on Thursday said that a recently reported US intelligence report is closer than ever to Israel's own intelligence estimates on Iran.
* US Helping Gulf States Build Defense Against Iran Attack Fearing an Iranian attack on strategic and essential oil and military facilities in the Middle East, the United States is helping Gulf countries build a missile defense system.
* Sinai: Egypt sends reinforcements as offensive builds Egypt has deployed extra troops, tanks and other armoured vehicles to the Sinai peninsula in an escalation of its military offensive in the area.
* Barak: Iran Strike - Only with Government Vote An Israeli strike on Iran would happen only with the authorization of the government, Defense Minister Ehud Barak said.
* U.S. Slams Israel Over Temple Mount Prayer Policies The annual report on religious freedom by the U.S. State Department slams Israel for limiting the rights of worshipers on the Temple Mount.
* Barak: New U.S. intelligence report raises urgency over Iran's nuclear program Defense Minister Ehud Barak confirmed on Thursday Haaretz's report that President Barack Obama recently received a new National Intelligence Estimate report on the Iranian nuclear program.
* The starting gun sounds for EU elections 2014 May 2014 might seem a long way off for ordinary folk, but not for budding MEPs.