* China Boasts of Military Buildup While Pushing ‘Dialogue’ with U.S. Chinese state media boasted of China’s massive military buildup over the weekend while simultaneously claiming Beijing wants nothing more than to renew friendly dialogue with the United States under the Biden administration.
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
* Netanyahu after Iran strategy meeting: Nuclear agreement is worthless "With or without an agreement, we will do everything so Iran isn’t armed with nuclear weapons.”
* Israel Policy in the Biden Administration The Obama administration negotiated a nuclear deal (JCPOA) with the Iranian mullahs that was bad for the U.S. (which found it had only legitimized the regime that the U.S. Department of State called the "world's worst state sponsor of terrorism") and bad for Israel (the deal would allow Iran, after a few years, to become a full-blown nuclear power).
* Blinken speaks to Ashkenazi, touts Biden support for 2-state solution Third conversation this month between top diplomats; US says resolution only way to ensure Israel remains both democratic and Jewish; statement makes no mention of Iran.
* David vs. Goliath: Israel is the Middle East’s Military Superpower Built on a foundation of pre-independence militias, supplied with cast-off World War II weapons, the Israel Defense Forces have enjoyed remarkable success in the field.
* How much did the Palestinian Authority spend in terror salaries in 2020? The PA doled out 517 million shekels in reward money to terrorists last year, but are stymied in 2021 thanks to Israel’s new pay-for-slay law.
* What India’s Relationship with Iran Means for America No matter how warm relations between Washington and Delhi become, history shows that some level of non-alignment will always be part of India’s policies.
* EU agrees to plan sanctions against Russia The EU is set to sanction the authorities responsible for the jailing of opposition leader Alexei Navalny in Russia, German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas said.
* Biden gives ‘exactly the speech that many Europeans wanted to hear,’ rejects ‘America First’ policies Biden’s speech represents the death knell of the Trump slogan: “Make America Great Again,” and a dismissal of the concerns of American patriots.
* Yellen Signals Interest in Backing Digital-Dollar Research Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen signaled the Biden administration supports research into the viability of a digital dollar, a shift from the lack of enthusiasm shown for the concept under her predecessor, Steven Mnuchin.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 12:38 PM