* Hamas and Fatah Sign for Unity Day after Hamas Mourns Bin Laden The Fatah-led Palestinian Authority signed a preliminary unity deal with Hamas and 11 other factions in Egypt on Tuesday.
* Netanyahu urges Abbas to cancel Fatah-Hamas unity deal Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu called on Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to step away from a unity deal with the Islamist group Hamas.
* U.S. believes it can now destroy al-Qaida after killing bin Laden The United States will aim to destroy al-Qaida's central organization now that its leader Osama bin Laden has been killed.
* Pakistan admits Bin Laden intelligence failure Pakistan's main intelligence agency, the ISI, has said it is embarrassed by its failures on al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.
* Turkish Leader Says Qaddafi Must Step Down Immediately In his harshest comments to date on the situation in Libya, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, a regional power broker, told reporters here on Tuesday that Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi had chosen "blood, tears, oppression" and that he must "immediately step down."
* Stephen Harper's Conservatives win Canadian election Prime Minister Stephen Harper's Conservative Party has won a majority of seats in a historic election.
* Netanyahu: Use Bible as Guide Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu met Tuesday with contestants in the annual Bible Quiz.
* EU super-watchdog warns economic crisis 'far from over' The EU's economic super-watchdog has warned that "many risks" remain to the stability of the EU's financial system.
* Netanyahu suspends east J'lem construction plan The Prime Minister's Office on Tuesday decided to postpone plans to build housing units in Jewish neighborhoods beyond Jerusalem's Green Line.
* Barak: Assad nearing end of reign in Syria Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's use of force against his own people is precipitating his downfall.