* Why Trump’s Mideast Peace Deals Matter After Israel’s resounding victory over the Egyptian, Jordanian, and Syrian armies in 1967, the Jewish state again offered the Arab world peace in exchange for recognition. And it was again rebuffed.
Thursday, September 17, 2020
* Arabs: Israel Is Not Our Enemy "Times change, everything has changed, except for the Palestinian mood that rejects anything and everything." — Saudi writer Amal Abdel Aziz al-Hazany, Asharq al-Awsat, September 15, 2020.
* Kushner cancels interview with MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell after saying Abraham Accords is 'not Middle East peace' The anchor appeared to downplay the Middle East peace deal on 'NBC Nightly News' on Tuesday evening.
* Israel-UAE Deal is Geopolitical "Beta Testing" for Saudi Arabia It is rare in foreign relations to see “beta testing” of bold ideas, but the UAE and Bahrain have provided just such a test case for Riyadh in its own fraught push to normalise relations with the Jewish state.
* Leon Panetta: This is what courage looks like in the Middle East David Ben-Gurion, the founder and first Prime Minister of Israel, had a particular definition of courage.
* Russia’s Quest To Make Itself Indispensable in the Middle East Russia could become supreme arbiter in Lebanon as it effectively has in Syria and Libya.
* Iran-Backed Islamists Call for Jihad Against Middle East Peace Deals Islamist extremists were not enthusiastic about the Abraham Accords peace deal between Israel, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Bahrain, this week.
* European disarray pushes Iran, Turkey into China camp If Tehran and Ankara were to fall out of Europe’s orbit it would be a strategically costly error for the West.
* The Possible Limits of China-Russia Cooperation China even recently claimed that Vladivostok, the most prominent city in Russia's Far East, is historically Chinese territory.
* Pope Francis: Abusing Ecosystems Is a ‘Grave Sin’ Pope Francis urged Christians to care for creation Wednesday, insisting that the abuse of ecosystems is a “grave sin” while lamenting the negative effects of global warming.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 10:50 AM