* Diplomat: 'Quite possible' Iran deal reached next week Major powers and Iran are getting close to a first-stage agreement to curb Iran's nuclear program.
* Senior US official blames settlements for talks impasse A top White House official on Thursday blamed Israeli settlement building for tensions between Jerusalem and Ramallah.
* Netanyahu prepares hero's welcome for France's Hollande French President Francois Hollande is scheduled to arrive Sunday for a high-profile visit to Israel.
* Libya Making Its Laws 'More Islamic' A recently revealed document from Libya's justice ministry announces the establishment of a committee to make the nation's laws better conform with Islamic Sharia law.
* Hamas Tells Fatah to 'Prepare for War' During an Al-Qassam Brigade military parade Hamas officials called on Fatah to prepare for war with Israel.
* Behind the IAEA report: Iran halted uranium enrichment for maintenance purposes Iran appears to have moved quickly to prevent a large increase in its most disputed nuclear stockpile.
* On war anniversary, Hamas holds major military rally The Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas looked to project an image of strength in Gaza.
* Israeli public backs Netanyahu in dust-up with US The public has Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's back in the public tiff with the US over policy toward Iran.
* Syrian rebel 'beheaded in case of mistaken identity' An al-Qaeda affiliated rebel group in Syria is reported to have asked for forgiveness after beheading a fellow rebel in a case of mistaken identity.
* Deaths at Libya anti-militia protest in Tripoli The demonstrators had marched to the headquarters of the Misrata militia to demand that it leave Tripoli.