* MK: End Muslim Occupation on Temple Mount MK Aryeh Eldad (Ichud Leumi) called Thursday to end Muslim control over visits to the Temple Mount.
* Gul: Turkey can't ignore that Syria shot down jet Turkish President Abdullah Gul said on Saturday it was not possible to ignore the fact that Syria had shot down a Turkish fighter jet.
* Iran general: Military strike would be end of Israel If Israel wants to act illogically, "it is they who will be destroyed," Iran's deputy chief of staff says.
* Egypt presidential poll results 'due on Sunday' The delayed results of Egypt's presidential run-off will be announced on Sunday.
* Lavrov: Don't Threaten Iran Over its Nuclear Program Russia's foreign minister said on Friday that Iran should not face threats over its nuclear program.
* Another 'make-or-break' EU summit next WEEK The EU's pre-summer-break summit looms large on next week's agenda, as the crisis, which wrecked Greece.
* Saudi Arabia plans to fund Syria rebel army Saudi officials are preparing to pay the salaries of the Free Syria Army as a means of encouraging mass defections from the military.
* Gaza terrorists fire 23 rockets at Sderot area, hitting school and factory Gaza-based terrorists fired 23 rockets into southern Israel on Saturday.
* Laser treatment for Earth-bound asteroids A study suggests our best chance of defending the planet from asteroids is to equip spacecraft with solar-powered lasers.
* Palestinians push UNESCO to make Bethlehem's Nativity church a World Heritage site The Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem is becoming the church of contention.