* Factbox: Praying at Hagia Sophia, Erdogan crowns long campaign to revitalise Islam in Turkey President Tayyip Erdogan attended the first prayers at Turkey’s Hagia Sophia on Friday since declaring the ancient monument a mosque, crowning his long campaign to place Islam at the heart of public life in the once fiercely secular republic.
* Cold War with China does not involve Israel – best keep it that way Middle Israel: Unlike the previous Cold War, this one does not involve Israel directly, and its task is to avoid getting drawn into it.
* Report: Russia taking over Golan Heights in Syria to Israel's north Jerusalem deems development positive, report says, as Russian-backed militia hostile to Iran.
* Is Erdogan’s ability to turn superpower rivalry to advantage diminishing? The only thing Ankara can rely on is that the US-Russian conflict will grow to the point where the need to work with Turkey will override any antipathy felt for President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his government.
* A bill outlawing gay conversion therapy could bring down the Israeli Government The fragile coalition agreement between Israel’s Likud and Blue and White parties that brought an end to a year-long political stalemate move a step closer to unraveling on Wednesday after a bill banning gay conversion therapy passed its first Knesset reading.
* Erdogan invites Pope Francis to opening of Hagia Sophia as a mosque Greece’s president is urging Pope Francis to condemn the Islamic takeover of Hagia Sophia a day after Turkey’s radical Islamic president made a counteroffer inviting the pontiff to attend the Byzantine basilica’s reopening as a mosque on July 24.
* Iran jolts India to activate US sanctions loophole Tehran threatens to pass over India for China, seeking to reactivate the Chabahar port investment project.
* Egypt Readies to Intervene in Libya as Hifter Struggles In response to movements from the Turkish-backed Government of National Accord (GNA), Egypt will likely launch a military intervention in eastern Libya, using tribal ties to gain public support for or the deployment to secure Egypt's western borders.
* Biden Vows to Stamp Out 'Islamicphobia' That means more Islamic proselytizing is coming to American public schools.
* Is the Golan incident linked to tensions over Hezbollah’s 'retaliation' The incident comes on the backdrop of the accusation that Israel sabotaged the Iranian Natantz nuclear facility, in addition to cyberattacks carried out on Iran.