* In Turkey, Erdogan is fighting for his political life Turkey Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has received a political blow from which he may not recover.
* On the brink of explosion? Is Israel facing a new wave of Palestinian terror?
* Iraq Getting Help from the United States in Fighting Al-Qaeda The United States has delivered dozens of missiles to Iraq to help combat the Al-Qaeda terrorist group.
* Beirut blast kills Sunni ex-minister Mohamad Chatah Former Lebanese minister and opposition figure Mohamad Chatah has been killed by a car bomb in central Beirut.
* Russia: Syria weapons deadline won't be met A top Russian diplomat says the Dec. 31 deadline for removing the most toxic of Syria's chemical weapons won't be met.
* From these alleyways, the anger will flow The view surrounding the Balata and Askar refugee camps outside of Nablus in the West Bank is stunning.
* Iran calls for bilateral talks with each of P5+1 The top foreign adviser to Iran's supreme leader on Friday called for separate talks directly with the United States.
* Navy's ocean-powered drones to wage underwater war While American drones patrol the skies in war-torn countries like Afghanistan, the United States is also looking to establish a similar presence in the world's oceans.
* Obama Admin to IDF Generals: Stop Being So Concerned About Israel's Security The Obama administration is pressuring Israeli generals to stop publicly voicing their concerns about the administration's security proposals in Israeli-Palestinian negotiations.
* Erekat: New Israeli settlement building would 'destroy peace process' The Palestinian Authority said it would plan to appeal to the international community.