* Hezbollah could escalate attacks on Israel, Nasrallah says Hezbollah 'wanted to show that Israeli air strikes would be responded to and in an appropriate manner'.
Monday, August 09, 2021
* Iran’s Ruthless New President Takes Over As Supreme Leader Calls for ‘Competent, Jihadi, Intelligent Management’ Ebrahim Raisi, who is one of the people responsible for the murder of 5,000 dissidents in Iran in 1988, became the president of the Islamic Republic on Tuesday.
* Iran's Raisi sets sight on Palestinians, Yemen and Iraq - analysis Iran has a tendency to use proxies, pushing others to defend and die for it in its regional wars.
* Israel Hopes Qatar Will Help Keep Gaza Peaceful While Israel used to be more critical of Qatar’s role, it appears the new government in Israel is taking a new stance on this issue publicly.
* Biden's hope of renewed Iran nuclear deal gives way to tensions Slow pace of talks between the WH and Iran about reentering the nuclear deal and recent tensions point to a possible change in US strategy.
* Empowering Iran Paves the Road to Disaster Iran recently rejected a draft proposal from the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, China, and Russia, under which the U.S. would return to the 2015 Iran nuclear deal (Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action or JCPOA) in exchange for Iran’s full compliance with the limitations of that deal.
* IRGC on alert for possible US/ Israeli retaliation for drone strike on ship Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Corps is braced for a possible US or Israeli strike in reprisal for the drone attack on the Israeli-operated Mercer Street on Aug. 3 and the death of two crewmen.
* Opinion: Why does the media ignore the only true democracy in the Middle East? Israeli democracy has been quietly improving for years, even according to the media’s own metrics.
* Jihad murder is having a successful trial run in Nigeria- and the media are ignoring it All the news that’s fit to print? Ignored by the media, the 43.000 Christians killed by Jihad in Africa are not deemed newsworthy. Op-ed.
* "Their Goal Is Really to Eradicate Christianity": Persecution of Christians, June 2021 A Muslim father of four abducted a 13-year-old Christian girl, forced her to convert to Islam, and then "married" her.