* US and EU issue new Iran warning The EU and the US have threatened Iran with further sanctions unless it verifiably suspends nuclear enrichment.
* Iran warns of "painful" response if Israel attacks Iran's defense minister was quoted on Tuesday as warning Israel of a "very painful" response if it launched a military strike over the Islamic Republic's disputed nuclear program.
* Iran, Iraq agree to boost defense cooperation Iran and Iraq agreed to boost defense cooperation during a visit of Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to Tehran.
* Ministers favor wide-scale Gaza op Fear of a weak cease-fire agreement which would work to the advantage of Hamas led a majority of ministers to express their support.
* Arabic 'Threatens' Israeli Supremacy In a move that has outraged both Arab Israelis and some progressive Jewish Israelis, a new bill was presented to the Israeli Knesset.
* 'Mubarak shuns summit to avoid Assad' A mini-summit of Arab leaders opened in the Libyan capital on Tuesday but Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak stayed away from the venue.
* France warns Ireland on EU treaty 'No' vote French foreign minister Bernard Kouchner has warned Ireland about the consequences of voting "No" in Thursday's referendum.
* A divide even among Israel's supporters When Prime Minister Ehud Olmert of Israel addressed the American Israel Public Affairs Committee recently he got a big hand when he denounced Iran.
* US: Iraq security pact can be finalized in July The U.S. State Department's top Iraq adviser said Tuesday he believes an agreement to establish a long-term security relationship between Iraq and the United States will be completed by the end of July.* Sun Goes Longer Than Normal Without Producing Sunspots The sun has been lying low for the past couple of years, producing no sunspots and giving a break to satellites.