* EU warns against swine flu panic The UN's World Health Organization has raised the alert over swine flu to level five - indicating human-to-human transmission in at least two countries.
* Intelligence Warns Israel is now an ‘Obstacle to Obama' According to a classified intelligence assessment handed to Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, U.S. President Barack Obama and his senior advisors wish to "incrementally diminish U.S. strategic cooperation with Israel."
* UK combat operations end in Iraq A ceremony has been held in Basra to mark the official end of the six-year British military presence in Iraq.
* Israel to EU: Criticism of Netanyahu government unacceptable A Foreign Ministry official has been warning European countries that unless they curtail criticism of Benjamin Netanyahu's government, Israel will block the European Union from participating in the diplomatic process with the Palestinians.
* Turkey hits Kurdish bases in Iraq Turkish warplanes bombed Kurdish rebel positions in northern Iraq on Wednesday and Thursday.
* Hamas Army Preparing for New War The defacto Hamas government in Gaza is re-training its army and changing its tactics in preparation for what it believes will be another war with Israel.
* Taliban announce 'countersurge' in Afghanistan The Taliban have vowed to launch a new offensive this summer in Afghanistan against the government and the foreign soldiers stationed there.
* Debut for world's fastest camera The fastest imaging system ever devised has been demonstrated by researchers reporting in the journal Nature.
* BMI airline wipes Israel off the map Israel has been excluded from digital maps displayed for passengers on British airline BMI flights from London Heathrow to Tel Aviv.
* Nato 'expels Russian diplomats' Russia has confirmed Nato has expelled two of its diplomats from Brussels, reportedly in retaliation for a spy scandal involving an Estonian official.