* Egypt refusing to sign WMD treaties Egypt is refusing to sign treaties prohibiting biological and chemical weapons, a week after it was reported that weapons-grade uranium was found in Egypt.
* Pope calls for Palestinian state Pope Benedict XVI has offered his support for the Palestinians' right to a homeland, as he continues a Middle East tour in the West Bank.
* 'Ahmadinejad's popularity rises in Iran' President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's popularity has grown among Iranian voters.
* Pakistan conflict map A map produced by the BBC suggests only 38% of Pakistan's North West Frontier Province (NWFP) and surrounding areas is under full government control.
* Kremlin: Battles over energy may lead to wars A Kremlin policy paper says international relations will be shaped by battles over energy resources.
* Islamic Jihad: Don't recognize Israel Islamic Jihad Secretary-General Abdullah Ramadan Shallah said Palestinian recognition of Israel would be "more dangerous than the Nakba of 1948".
* Palestinians and Israeli Jews to reach equal number by 2016, data shows The Jewish and Arab populations in Israel and the Palestinian territories will reach an equal number by 2016.
* Hezbollah deputy chief: We actively support Hamas Hezbollah Deputy Secretary-General Sheikh Naim Qassem said that the Lebanese militant group has been actively supporting Hamas in the Gaza Strip.
* India has high degree of interest in Afghanistan, Pakistan: US The US has acknowledged that India as a "great regional power" has a very high degree of interest in the Afghanistan-Pakistan region.
* Somalia 'worst drought in decade' Somalia is facing its worst drought for at least a decade, says the UN.