* Iran holds 'largest military exercise in history', in bid to send 'message' 'This is a message of peace to our friendly neighbors, but a show of force to our enemies,' Iranian general says.
* Erekat: UNSC to vote 'Friday or Monday' on draft demanding Israeli withdrawal from West Bank Erekat said that the draft resolution has been altered and amended. The final draft has yet to be released for public consumption.
* New Russian Military Doctrine Says NATO Top Threat Russia named NATO's military buildup near its border as the main military threat and raised the possibility of using precision conventional weapons as a "strategic deterrent," according to the nation's new military doctrine signed by President Vladimir Putin Friday.
* Secular activist crusades for religious access to the Temple Mount Joining forces with radical right-wingers preparing for a third Temple, Linda Olmert frames Jewish prayer at the holy site as a civil rights issue.
* Russia Expresses Support for PA's UN Resolution Russia says it intends to support the draft resolution which would set a deadline for Israel to withdraw from Judea and Samaria.
* Erdogan to Europe: Eradicate anti-Muslim racism before daring to criticize Turkey Turkish police earlier this month raided media outlets close to US-based Muslim cleric Fethullah Gulen.
* Egypt bans Exodus Hollywood film Egypt has banned a Hollywood film based on the Biblical book of Exodus because of what censors described as "historical inaccuracies".
* Iran Launches Major Naval Drill - Eyeing Yemen? Iran holds massive military drill including farthest reaching naval exercises, in likely gesture for allied Houthis conquering Yemen.
* Four EU countries in top 10 world economies Four European countries are in the world's 10 largest economies, according to research by the Centre for Economic and Business Research.
* Europe in Review 2014 "The year politics came back to Europe" - Donald Tusk's words as he took over the EU Council presidency on 1 December, 10 months after Russia invaded Ukraine when a popular uprising overthrew its corrupt and pro-Russian president.