* Tens of thousands flee clashes between Syria army, IS Local authorities in ravaged north struggle to shelter 40,000 civilians displaced by regime's Russia-backed offensive to oust jihadists.
* Iranian film depicts destruction of US warships in Gulf In February an Iranian director released a theatrical animated film depicting the sinking of U.S. warships in the Persian Gulf.
* Erdogan anger as Germany-Turkey war of words escalates A row between Ankara and Berlin over a series of cancelled Turkish political rallies in Germany is continuing to escalate.
* 'First chemical attack' in Mosul battle injures twelve Twelve civilians have been injured in Mosul in what appears to be the first chemical weapon attack in the battle for the IS stronghold.
* Iran successfully tests Russian S-300 missile system The Iranian Armed Forces have successfully tested the S-300 surface-to-air missile defense systems, which Iran imported from Russia after a decade long delay due to sanctions over its nuclear program.
* Defending Jeff Sessions: Democrats need to stop the overreach My advice to Democrats, regarding their demand for the head of Attorney General Jeff Sessions: turn off MSNBC and CNN, and calmly read the transcripts of the remarks that have been made.
* 'The Lebanese Army Will Fight Alongside Hezbollah In A War With Israel' Since the second Lebanese war the Lebanese army has rearmed itself, strengthening its ability in the air as well as on the ground and sea, with the help of the United States, France and Saudi Arabia.
* Preparing For The Next Round Between Israel And Gaza Has the IDF overcome the shortcomings pointed out in the State Comptroller's Report on the 2014 Gaza war?
* Rival east Libya factions battle for crucial oil ports Rival armed factions are fighting for control over crucial oil terminals in the east of Libya.
* China to increase military spending by 7% in 2017 China says it will increase military spending by about 7% this year, just days after Donald Trump outlined a boost to the US defence budget.