* U.S. Tells Iran: We Won't Join Israeli Attack Large Israeli newspaper: message is intended to prevent Iranian response against U.S. targets in Gulf.
* France: Response to Syrian chemical arms use would be huge If Syrian gov't uses chemical or bacterial weapons it will trigger a "massive and lightning" response from West, says French FM Fabius, calling it a "big, big risk" in the Syrian crisis.
* J'lem puzzled by Dempsey comment on Iran strike Dempsey said he did not want to be 'complicit' in strike; Israeli source says comment doesn't represent White House position.
* Official: Obama will make Bibi pay after elections Israeli security officials say Pentagon's decision to reduce number of US troops it will send to joint drill with Israel not related to growing tensions with Israel; others claim Washington saying 'you will not drag us into Iran war'
* Moscow plays on fears of China in global quest for naval bases Russia recently announced its intention to obtain naval facilities in various parts of the world, including Vietnam, the Seychelles, and Cuba.
* Gaza's "Humanitarian Disaster": 600 Millionaires There are 600 millionaires living in Gaza, which mainstream media for years have reported is an "humanitarian disaster" blamed on Israel.
* A fig leaf of continental proportions As focus moves from arguments between Greece and its EU partners to a possible bail-out for Spain, it is becoming clear that in efforts to solve the eurozone crisis EU leaders are missing the wood for the trees.
* Barroso: EU Treaty 'needs to be renewed' European Commission chief Jose Manuel Barroso has said EU institutions need more power over member states to fight the crisis.
* 'Moonie' Church mourns founder Sun Myung Moon Members of the South Korea-based Unification Church are in mourning following the death of their founder, self-proclaimed messiah Sun Myung Moon.
* Syria crisis: 'Deadly Aleppo strike' as UN envoy starts job Violence is continuing in Syria, with opposition activists saying that a warplane may have killed as many as 25 people in a strike in Aleppo province.