* North Korea nuclear test branded 'serious threat' to US North Korean military ambitions are a "serious threat" to the US, outgoing Pentagon chief Leon Panetta has said.
* North Korean nuclear test draws anger, including from China North Korea conducted its third nuclear test on Tuesday in defiance of U.N. resolutions.
* Israel urges response to N. Korea nuclear test Israel said on Tuesday that the international community must make clear to North Korea after its latest nuclear test that such activities cannot be tolerated.
* Team wants Israel to be third country to reach moon Team SpaceIL is entering Google space race with a nanorocket bearing Israeli flag.
* 'Israel mustn't fear Jewish civil war' Yair Lapid, whose Yesh Atid party stunned everyone by becoming Israel's second largest political faction in the recent election, got his first opportunity to address the Knesset on Monday.
* Jewish Growth Speeds Up in Judea, Samaria The already-high Jewish growth rate in Judea and Samaria (Shomron) has picked up speed.
* Terror Cell from 'Peace Partner' Fatah Nabbed The Shin Bet, Israel Police and IDF have exposed and arrested a terror cell whose members infiltrated an IDF base on December 21, 2012.
* Clashes Break Out Outside Presidential Palace in Cairo Egyptian police fired tear gas and water cannons at stone-throwing protesters outside the presidential palace on Monday as the opposition rallied to mark the second anniversary of Hosni Mubarak's overthrow.
* Deal near on eurozone economic governance laws, says Rehn MEPs and ministers are on the verge of agreement on far-reaching economic governance proposals for eurozone states.