* Russian parliament approves troop deployment in Ukraine Russia's upper house of parliament has approved President Putin's request for Russian forces to be used in Ukraine.
* Iraq death toll tops 700 in February - UN Over 700 people were killed in violence in Iraq this February.
* Netanyahu Promises Not to Change Temple Mount Status Quo Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday vowed that his government would not alter the status quo regarding the Temple Mount.
* Netanyahu to urge Obama to rule out Iranian enrichment Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is ready in principle to agree to Secretary of State John Kerry's framework proposals for extending peace talks with the Palestinians.
* Ukraine: Russia sending 'thousands' of troops to Crimea Ukraine accused Russia on Saturday of sending thousands of extra troops into Crimea.
* Israel warns Lebanese gov't it will be responsible for any Hezbollah retaliation Israel sent a warning to the Lebanese government in Beirut by way of UNIFIL.
* Turkey to close down 'Gulen' preparatory schools Mr Gulen is embroiled in a bitter feud with PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
* Germany calls for urgent EU meeting on Ukraine Germany's foreign minister has said European states need to "gather quickly" to formulate a joint position on the Russia-Ukraine crisis.
* Ukraine's EU embassy details 'Abkhazia scenario' Ukraine's embassy to the EU has detailed Russian military movements in Crimea.
* New Egyptian cabinet is sworn in Egypt's new government was sworn in Saturday in a limited reshuffle.