* North Korea states 'nuclear war is unavoidable' as it declares first target will be Japan NORTH KOREA has warned Japan that Tokyo would be the first target in the event of a war on the Korean Peninsula, as it increased threats of an attack.
* Netanyahu: Israel is the Bright Star of Freedom Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu issues a special greeting ahead of Israel's 65th Independence Day.
* China calls for calm over North Korea as Kerry visits China and the US have vowed to work together to persuade North Korea to give up its nuclear programme and to settle tensions through dialogue.
* Syrian Observatory: Gas attack by Syrian army kills three Woman and two children killed and 16 reportedly injured in attack on rebel-held Sheikh Maqsoud district of Aleppo.
* IDF troops come under fire along Syrian border No injuries reported, light damage reported to vehicle; Israel returns fire with Tammuz missile.
* Iran test-fires three new missile types Tehran's envoy in Paris says an Israeli strike could trigger third world war.
* White House downplays flurry of meetings with Mideast leaders Administration sources say powwows with regional heads of state are no indication that US action on Syria or Iran is in the works.
* Masada, tragic fortress in the sky For three brave years, the freedom fighters on this rocky plateau - known as the Zealots - managed to hold back 10,000 Roman troops armed with every contemporary siege weapon.
* Palestinians building museum to tell their story Palestinians on Thursday began construction of the West Bank's largest museum devoted to their history, planning to tell diverse stories of Palestinians in their land and of millions who live abroad.
* Brotherhood presides over growing chaos in Egypt With the economic crisis mounting and Islamist aggressions rising, the Morsi government is under siege from all sides; allocation of requested IMF loan could "exacerbate social discontent".