* Fatah thanks UN members for giving it 'permission' to kill Jews Fatah movement publishes threatening, violent image thanking 14 nations which voted for anti-Israel Security Council resolution.
* Plane crash ups Syria-tied Russian deaths to 310 Notwithstanding the extraordinary circumstances surrounding the Russian Tu-154 air crash into the Black Sea minutes after its takeoff for Syria from Sochi early Sunday Dec. 25, the dread announcement that none of the 92 people aboard had survived was not accompanied by an official suggestion of terrorism.
* Europe's Jews prepare public Hanukkah events to 'drive out darkness' Far from being cowed by the recent Berlin Christmas market terror attack, defiant candle lighting ceremonies across the continent continue in the spirit of the holiday.
* For Islamists, Christmas was for celebrating steady advances against a hated faith For many Islamists in 2016, the Christmas spirit included issuing death threats against Egypt's Coptic Christians and ridding the Middle East of a once dominant spiritual and cultural community.
* Pilgrims in Bethlehem, fears in Europe for Christmas Eve As Christians settle in for holiday, Aleppo's minority Catholics prepare for first mass in five years; Berlin investigators search for market attacker's accomplices.
* UNSC resolution promotes Mid East war The United States did not abandon Israel by its abstention from vetoing the UN Security Council resolution condemning settlements that was passed Friday, Dec. 23, 2016.
* Iraqis celebrate first Christmas near Mosul after Islamic State pushback The region of Nineveh is one of the most ancient settlements of Christianity, going back nearly 2,000 years.
* 'Israel rejects the anti-settlement resolution at the United Nations' Fourteen out of the 15 voting members of the Council voted in favor of the resolution, none voted against it, and the United States chose to abstain instead of casting its veto on the initiative.
* Europe's Jews prepare public Hanukkah events to 'drive out darkness' From Germany to France to the Netherlands, Jewish communities insist to continue Hanukkah celebrations despite security risks: "It's our way of driving out the darkness that is terrorism."
* Security Council approves 'anti-settlement' resolution UNSC approves resolution calling on Israel to end "settlement activities". United States abstains.
* WATCH: Netanyahu Wishes Christians 'Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year' "To all of our Christian friends around the world, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year," Netanyahu said in a video message on Thursday from the courtyard of the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem (ICEJ).
* UN Security Council will vote today to end Israeli settlements in Judea, Samaria Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Trump had both called for the United States to veto the draft resolution.
* Europe's Compassionate Hatred of Israel The Jerusalem Declaration of UNESCO seeks to Islamize, with the help of many governments in Europe and other Christian countries, the ancient history of the people of Israel.
* Berlin truck attacker Anis Amri killed in Milan The Berlin market attacker, Anis Amri, has been shot dead by police in Milan.
* Trump clarifies nuke comment: 'Let it be an arms race' US President-elect Donald Trump sowed more doubt about his position on nuclear proliferation on Friday.
* A 2,000-Year Old Hanukkah Gift Uncovered in Jerusalem Nearly 30 years after archaeologists finished their excavations, representatives from Jerusalem's Tower of David announced on Tuesday the unexpected discovery of a 2,000-year old bronze coin.
* Putin celebrates victory in Syria, expansion of nukes On Thursday Russian President Vladimir Putin delivered confident remarks regarding Moscow's victory in Syria and their future nuclear readiness.
* 'Nauseating': Google profits from Holocaust denial websites, Jewish museum says A Jewish heritage museum has become the latest to criticize Google over its search hits, accusing it of profiting from Holocaust denial.
* Inside the Ring: U.S. Intel Warned of Christmas-related Islamic State Truck Attacks U.S. intelligence agencies issued general warnings around the world that Islamic State terrorists were planning to use trucks in attacks on gatherings of people.
* Migrant crisis: UN says 5,000 drown trying to reach Europe this year The number of undocumented migrants who drown in the Mediterranean trying to reach Europe has reached 5,000, the highest annual total yet, the UN says.