* Netanyahu, Putin to meet Tuesday for Syria talks PM to travel to Russia with aim of convincing Putin to back out of S-300 arms deal with Syria
* World's biggest anti-mine naval exercise after Iranian threats to close Gulf A fleet of 34 ships will on Monday begin the world's biggest anti-mine exercise in an international naval show of force after Iranian threats to close the Gulf.
* UN urges people to eat insects to fight world hunger Eating more insects could help fight world hunger, according to a new UN report.
* Did the EU just back Jewish prayer on the Temple Mount? Israel might have just scored European Union support for finally allowing Jews the right to pray atop Jerusalem's Temple Mount, the holiest site in the world for Jews and many Christians.
* Abbas Warns Israel Over Al-Aqsa Mosque "We cannot remain silent" over Israel's alleged "assaults" on the Al-Aqsa Mosque, warns PA Chairman.
* The Church of Scotland's Freudian Slip The Church of Scotland recently published a report on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict from a Christian perspective entitled "The Inheritance of Abraham - A Report on the Promised Land."
* Independent candidates threaten Khamenei in Iranian polls Supreme leader sees surprise candidacy of rivals - Ahmadinejad protege, former president - as threat to his authority; big-name alternative candidates could cause election drama, attract more public interest.
* Observatory: Syrian war death toll rises to 82,000 Up to 12,500 people missing after two years of raging Syrian civil war; "vast majority of civilian victims killed by the regime."
* Syria says it reserves right to invade Golan Heights Information Minister Omran al-Zoubi accuses Israel of violating ceasefire, Turkey of turning its border zone into terrorist hotbed.
* Russian warship docks in Israel for first time For the first time since the establishment of the State of Israel, a Russian warship docked at the port city of Haifa earlier this month.