* Hezbollah’s Rocket Fire on Israel Reveals Iran’s Hand Hezbollah’s recent escalation is a product of Iran’s ongoing mission to leverage its position amidst the nuclear negotiations and prop up its image domestically.
Wednesday, August 11, 2021
* Iran’s Raisi taps minister wanted for role in Buenos Aires Jewish Center bombing New interior minister Ahmad Vahidi sought by Interpol; the president’s pick for top diplomat, Hossein Amirabdollahian, is an avowed anti-Westerner with ties to IRGC, Hezbollah.
* Iran Fantasizes That It Has Israel On the Run Iranian leaders have a rich fantasy life. Possibly It has something to do with their deep belief in the Return of the Hidden Imam.
* Iran’s General Salami (Again) Says ‘Decline and Collapse’ of Israel Is Imminent Major General Hossein Salami, commander of Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC), on Tuesday again boasted the demise of Israel is fast approaching, adding it is “not a wish anymore, but a reality that will come true in the near future.”
* No Persian Empire: Why Iran Is Far From America's First Priority It would make little sense to commit heavy resources to offset a secondary worry such as Iran—especially if the opportunity costs were losing out in the Western Pacific, the Mediterranean, or elsewhere around the Eurasian periphery.
* China: Crisis-Testing US Presidents China has tested the mettle of all recent US presidents, usually early in their terms of office, and China's Communist Party (CCP) has already certainly been testing President Joe Biden.
* Russia, China Hold Joint Military Exercise for First Time: A Precursor to Gog-Magog War, Says Rabbi On Monday, China and Russia held joint military exercises and for the first time, they were hosted on Chinese soil.
* Pro-interfaith Norwegian imam said Jews should be killed In one post from 2019, Noor wrote that Jews “put the world in danger” and it is “necessary to kill them.”
* US pressures Israel to open Palestinian consulate in Jerusalem Administration officials have worked to delay a bill proposed by Knesset member Nir Barkat, which if passed into law would essentially prevent the move from materializing.
* Afghanistan Fallout Could Lead to Three Million Migrants Trying to Reach Europe German humanitarian development worker Sybille Schnehage has predicted as many as three million Afghan asylum seekers could head to Europe in the near future.