* Israel launches air strikes against Hezbollah in Lebanon after shots were fired at its troops across the border Israel said it had launched air strikes against Hezbollah observation posts in Lebanon on Wednesday, after shots were fired from across the border towards its troops the previous evening.
Thursday, August 27, 2020
* Nasrallah in Lebanon and Iran focus on Israel tensions Hezbollah wants to pose as secure in its power and prepare to threaten Israel at a time of its choosing.
* 'Our policy has moved from annexation to normalization' Gabi Ashkenazi declares that Israel has shifted from pursuing sovereignty in Judea and Samaria, to normalizing relations with Arab world.
* Despite a Rocky Start, UAE-Israeli Defense Ties Are Poised to Grow The United Arab Emirates' desire to simultaneously upgrade its defense ties with Israel and the United States will probably create political controversy in both countries, though the benefits of deeper security cooperation with Abu Dhabi is more likely to earn greater support in Israel than Washington.
* Norway: Muslim mob beats critic of Islam for saying Muhammad was a false prophet Another glimpse into the future of the West. Do you doubt that? Really? But how is anything remotely connected to criticism of Islam, even simple opposition to jihad terror, treated in the establishment media and by both parties now?
* Could Turkey's Purchase of Russian Stealth Fighters Spell the End of NATO? It remains unclear whether this proves to be a mere bump on road or will mark the beginning of a permanent reorientation in Turkish defense priorities.
* Pope Francis backs ‘universal’ COVID vaccination ‘for all’, WHO thrilled Pope Francis has backed global elites such as Bill Gates when it comes to a Coronavirus vaccination, saying that it should be “universal and for all.”
* Turkey's Hostility to Israel-UAE Peace Accord It should not be a surprise that a government that supports Hamas is against the normalization treaty between Israel and the UAE.
* Brexit taken off agenda for EU envoys' meeting due to stalled talks A discussion about the negotiations over Britain and the European Union’s post-Brexit relationship has been dropped from the agenda of a meeting of EU envoys next week because the talks have stalled, an EU diplomat said on Wednesday.
* Why Did Erdoğan Convert Hagia Sophia Into a Mosque? Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan recently converted Hagia Sophia from a museum into a mosque, a decision that apparently involved no consultation and was executed swiftly after a surprise announcement.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 11:12 AM