* Islamic State continues sweep against Kurds towards Baghdad Islamic State gunmen are continuing their sweep across Iraq and are poised at the gates of a town just north of Baghdad.
* 'Dramatic surge' in anti-Semitism during Operation Protective Edge, says ADL The Anti-Defamation League said in a new report on Thursday that a "dramatic upsurge in violence and vitriol against Jews," had occurred around the world.
* Politicians weigh in on 'crisis in US-Israel relations' Reactions were voiced on Thursday from across the political spectrum.
* Sisi receives offer of fighter jets, helicopters, weapons on Russia visit Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi paid his first visit in office to Russia, meeting with President Vladimir Putin.
* WATCH: Hamas gives a glimpse into home-grown rocket production in Gaza A video aired Wednesday on Hamas-run Al-Aqsa TV showed terrorists from the group's Izz a-Din al-Kassam Brigades.
* Sharansky predicts 'beginning of the end of Jewish history in Europe' Jewish Agency chairman Natan Sharansky joined with a growing number of high profile figures in casting doubt on the viability of European Judaism in an article in the Jewish Chronicle.
* Iraq: UN sounds alarm on humanitarian crisis The UN has declared its highest level of emergency in Iraq as a humanitarian crisis follows the advance by Islamic State (IS) militants in the north.
* Ukraine crisis: Russia aid convoy heads for border More than 100 lorries carrying Russian aid are heading towards the border with Ukraine.
* And Now, Abbas's Daily Accuses US of Founding IS The Palestinian Authority official daily has published five articles in the last six weeks accusing the United States of establishing the radical Islamic movement Islamic State (ISIS or IS).
* Israel Waiting for Hamas to Get Serious About Ceasefire Israel's leading newspaper, Yediot Ahronot, on Thursday cited Israeli officials as saying they are waiting for Hamas to "climb down from the tree" and get serious about a long-term Gaza ceasefire.