* Iran Ridicules July 4th: America is Not Independent Iran "celebrates" Independence Day in the United States by saying the US has lost independence to foreign creditors and, of course, Israel.
* Founders cited "pursuit of happiness" not "guarantee of happiness" The second sentence of the Declaration of Independence contains the most beautiful song of human liberation ever composed.
* Petraeus: Afghan fight slowly shifting to east The outgoing commander of U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan says the focus of the war will shift in upcoming months from Taliban strongholds in the south to the nation's porous eastern border with Pakistan.
* Quartet to Meet Next Week on PA Statehood Bid Representatives from the nations usually most involved in trying to keep the Middle East from periodically blowing up plan to meet next week in Washington DC.
* African Union Slams Gaddafi's Arrest Warrant The African Union has called on member states to disregard the arrest warrant issued against Colonel Muammar Gaddafi by the International Criminal Court.
* Israeli, Palestinian security forces take precautions to avoid September violence Both sides say region is headed into uncharted waters if Palestinians follow through on pledge to turn to the United Nations.
* Russia gains edge in space race as US shuttle bows out As the United States winds down its shuttle programme in a symbolic twist in a long-running space rivalry, Russia will gain complete control of access to the International Space Station.
* Nabil Al-Araby, 75, is New Head of Arab League The man who helped unseat former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and subsequently served as foreign minister has now become the new point man for the Arab world.
* Greeks stop another Gaza-bound ship Greece to the rescue, again: Canadian vessel leaves Crete towards Gaza, quickly stopped by Greek Coast Guard. Activists upset, say Greece has no right to enforce blockade imposed on Gaza Strip
* Cyber attack can 'collapse states,' Knesset committee warns MK Sheetrit: No military can come to the rescue of a cyber attack; official says such attacks are no longer science fiction.