* Former Shin Bet chief calls for Israel to ‘initiate military operations against Iran’ Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee chairman Avi Dichter says the lack of a U.S. response to the 2019 attack on Saudi oil facilities showed Iran there would be no price to pay for ramping up aggression.
Friday, February 05, 2021
* Avi Benlolo: Biden's roadmap to peace in the Middle East Instead of recognizing that this is one area in which Trump made some historic gains, Biden has begun wavering on his Mideast policy.
* Biden's UN pick passes through Senate Foreign Relations Committee The top Democrat on the committee said he trusts Linda Thomas-Greenfield on Iran and Israel, but his Republican counterparts were more critical.
* Palestinian pay-for-slay stands in the way of renewing ties with Biden administration Palestinian policy of paying reward money to convicted terrorists stands between renewing ties with the Biden administration.
* Europe and Iran: What Comes Next? | Opinion The Iranian nuclear program has caused alarm within the European Union and particularly in France.
* Human Rights Violations No One Talks About On January 3, 2021, the Hamas-controlled Palestinian Land Authority (PLA) in the Gaza Strip "removed" three houses -- one of which had been inhabited by a family of three -- and bulldozed about 30 dunums (7.4 acres) of agricultural land in the as-Salam neighborhood west of the Rafah border crossing with Egypt.
* Biden’s Assistant Secretary of State Urged Negotiations with Hamas President Joe Biden’s choice for Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Israel-Palestine, Hady Amr, has urged including the terrorist organization Hamas in negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians.
* How China’s rise in the Middle East can inform US policy under Biden China is cementing its position in the US sandpit. As the Biden administration re-evaluates US foreign policy, and its China policy in particular, one region that demands a closer look is the Middle East.
* Xi Jinping looks at the Western cultural revolution and smiles Cancel culture wants turn our story into a blank page so the young know nothing of what the West has given to humanity. Mao laughs. Op-ed.
* Senate votes overwhelmingly to keep US embassy in Jerusalem Senate votes 97-3 to approve. Senator Inhofe: “It’s an important message that we acknowledge Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.”