* West wants to end confrontation with Russia over Ukraine - EU foreign policy chief Western powers want to find common ground with Russia and end their confrontational approach over Ukraine, the EU's foreign policy chief told Italian media. She denied that the EU differs from the US in its position towards dealing with the crisis.
* PEGIDA SHOWS NO SIGN OF SLOWING AS 25,000 MARCH AGAINST ISLAMISATION Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamisation of the West (PEGIDA) have "strolled" again, but despite a week of Islamist terror in France and the fire-bombing of a German news paper which printed Mohammed cartoons, the German establishment has continued to condemn the movement.
* 'Piles of Bodies' in Nigerian Town Attacked by Boko Haram, Say Locals ABUJA: When Borye Kime crept back into the fishing town of Baga in northeast Nigeria in the early hours of Monday, a weak moon shone on a grisly sight. "It is corpses everywhere," he told AFP.
* Syria: Turkey is Allowing Terrorists to Freely Cross the Border Syrian government accuses Turkey of allowing "terrorists" to freely cross the border, calls the world to stop its "destructive policy".
* 'Russian Spies' Executed by Child Soldier in Shocking ISIS Video A shocking video posted online Tuesday appears to show ISIS using a young child soldier to execute two alleged Russian spies in Syria.
* Egypt's Grand Mufti warns Charlie Hebdo against publishing new Mohammad caricature Charlie Hebdo is due to publish a front page on Wednesday showing a caricature of the Prophet in its first edition since Islamist gunmen attacked the weekly's offices last Wednesday.
* Jimmy Carter Blames Israel for Paris Attacks Former US President Jimmy Carter once again provided his sagacious insight into the root causes of Islamic violence by pointing an accusing finger at, where else, Israel!
* Erdogan blasts Netanyahu and 'West's hypocrisy' over Paris attack Turkish Preisdent Recep Tayyip Erdogan has accused the West of hypocrisy in its response to the attack on Charlie Hebdo. He said Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had no business at the memorial in Paris.
* EU ministers vow new counter-terrorism rules after Paris attack Top officials at an international ministerial meeting in Paris on Sunday (11 January) vowed an immediate response to last week's Charlie Hebdo attack.
* The Possible Presidential Candidate Who Agrees the Most With Pope Francis Independent Senator Bernie Sanders is Jewish. He's also the likely 2016 presidential candidate whose political philosophy lines up most closely with the economic and social theories of Pope Francis.