* Israel Preparing 'Christmas Surprise' for Iran With an International Atomic Energy Agency report to be issued this week that will state, officials said Wednesday, that Iran is clearly working towards developing a nuclear weapons program.
* Iran's Khamenei warns US, Israel against attack Iran's Supreme leader warned the United States and Israel on Thursday not to launch any military action against its nuclear sites.
* Israeli firm says economic costs too high for Iran strike A leading Israeli investment firm said on Thursday any military strike on Iranian nuclear facilities would exact an economic price too high for the world to accept.
* China backs Russia on Iran's nuclear program China's Foreign Ministry joined Russia Thursday in warning Western countries that additional pressure on Iran would not solve the nuclear stand-off.
* Lucas Papademos named as new Greek prime minister Mr Papademos, 64, said he was taking over at a "critical point" for Greece.
* Palestinans resigned to defeat in UN bid The Palestinians are resigned to defeat in their quest for full membership at the United Nations.
* IAEA refutes U.S. intelligence estimate on Iran nukes, cites 'military dimensions' For the first time, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has determined that Iran is conducting a nuclear weapons program.
* French and Germans explore idea of smaller euro zone "France and Germany have had intense consultations on this issue over the last months, at all levels".
* Holy cities face threat from polluting pilgrims An estimated 2.5 million pilgrims have descended on the city of Mecca for the Islamic Hajj.
* Russia: Iran wants more reactors While Western countries are looking to exacerbate sanctions against Iran, Russia, who built the Islamic Republic's first nuclear power plant in Bushehr, is already working on future cooperation.