* Pentagon: Secret U.S. military commandos deployed to Libya Classified United States military units are operating in the region near Libya since the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, according to the director of operations for the Pentagon's Joint Staff.
* Iranians mark 'Day of Fighting the Global Arrogance' Protestors gather outside former US embassy in Tehran to celebrate 33rd anniversary of the Iranian hostage crisis.
* Islamists protest in Cairo, call for Sharia law More than 1,000 Egyptians descend on Tahrir Square to demand the incorporation of Islamic law into new constitution.
* Tony Blair: the EU needs a president Tony Blair has said the EU would be better off with a directly elected president, as he warned deep political rifts between countries could lead to a break-up.
* Jerusalem Mayor: Let My People Pray Jerusalem mayor calls to end discrimination, let Jews pray on the Temple Mount.
* 'PLO leader backs Jordan annexation of W. Bank' New proposal suggests establishment of a Palestinian-Jordanian confederation, Kaddoumi tells 'Al-Quds Al-Arabi.'
* Report: Radical Islamists made 'hundreds of visits' to Obama White House President Barack Obama has provided what was termed unprecedented access to supporters of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood and the Palestinian Hamas, a report said.
* Mother places suicide belt on child, on Fatah Facebook page in Lebanon Mother places suicide belt on her child: "I will put it on you and you will go to your death," on Fatah-Lebanon Facebook page.
* US Elections: Why Israel is a 'red state' Poll after poll shows Israelis favor Republican candidate Mitt Romney over US President Barack Obama. This even though their American Jewish brethren hold the opposite point of view. Why?
* Turkish PM in talks with Hamas to visit Gaza Erdogan would become second head of state to visit Strip since Hamas takeover in 2007.