* The Turkey-Russia-Iran Axis Dramatic developments alter the strategic balance in the Middle East.
* US warship 'harassed' by Iranian speedboats near Strait of Hormuz The USS Nitze, a guided missile destroyer, was intercepted by four Iranian military boats near the Strait of Hormuz on Tuesday, US defense officials said.
* PA brainwashing works Palestinian terrorists say they attack and kill to defend the Al-Aqsa Mosque.
* Italy earthquake: Mass funeral for 35 victims A mass funeral has taken place in Italy for some of the 290 people killed in Wednesday's powerful earthquake.
* Syrian Kurds clash with Turkish forces Syrian Kurdish militia commanders are flouting the ultimatum US Vice President Joe Biden handed them Wednesday, Aug. 24 to retreat to east of the Euphrates or else forfeit US support.
* Social media failing to filter extremist content, UK lawmakers charge Parliament Home Affairs Committee warns Facebook, Twitter, Google could become 'the Wild West of the internet'.
* Iranian ex commander: New militia formed to destroy Israel in 23 years The former leader of the Islamic Republic's Revolutionary Guards reportedly says new branch is positioned to destroy the Jewish state because it's fighting nearby in Iraq, Syria and Yemen.
* Neighbouring star Proxima Centauri has Earth-sized planet The nearest habitable world beyond our Solar System might be right on our doorstep - astronomically speaking.
* The comeback of Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? An Iran poll survey suggests that the former president now trails incumbent Hassan Rouhani by just eight percentage points in a head-to-head match-up, compared with 27 points in May 2015.
* White House: Iran's actions in the Gulf a cause for concern White House says recent encounters between Iranian vessels and American warships in the Gulf are unacceptable.