* Barak Calls for 'Iron Fist' Against Judea, Samaria Protesters Defense Minister Ehud Barak said Monday that the government would crack down on Jewish residents of Judea and Samaria.
* Al Qaeda was U.S. target in Syrian attack, official says The U.S. military conducted a successful strike into Syria on Sunday to kill a suspected al Qaeda facilitator.
* Qureia: Jerusalem the key to resolving conflict The top negotiator for the Palestinian Authority, Ahmed Qureia, said on Monday that he "has great respect for the way (Kadima Chairwoman) Tzipi Livni works."
* Iran 'opens naval base' near Gulf Iran has opened new naval facilities east of the Strait of Hormuz, the narrow entrance to the Gulf which is key to oil supplies.
* Russia, China sign landmark oil pipeline deal Russia and China on Tuesday signed a long-awaited deal to build an oil pipeline from Siberia to China after talks between Prime Minister Wen Jiabao and Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin.
* Baghdad condemns 'US Syria raid' Iraq has denounced a raid into Syria at the weekend, saying it does not want its territory to be used as a launch-point for US attacks on its neighbours.
* OPEC cannot bail world out over financial crisis, says chief OPEC cannot be expected to bail out the world over the current global financial crisis.
* Fractures in Iraq city as Kurds and Baghdad vie A new Iraqi military offensive is under way in this still violent northern city.
* Rebbetzin Esther Jungreis: Prepare for the Coming of Messiah Internationally renowned Jewish inspirational speaker Rebbetzin Esther Jungreis warns that we are feeling the "birth pangs of the Mashiach," with limited time to save ourselves from dark prophecies surrounding his arrival.* Peres hints Disengagement was a failure "If the disengagement was a success, we would repeat it in the West Bank," President Shimon Peres said.