* Trump's Mid-East Peace Efforts 'Akin to King Solomon Before Temple Construction' says Rabbi Glick Following the remarkable success of the Trump-brokered peace agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, Secretary of State Mike Pompeop arrived in Israel on Monday with an agenda to expand peace in the region.
Wednesday, August 26, 2020
* Netanyahu Threatens ‘Crushing Force’ Against Hezbollah After Shots Fired at Israeli Soldiers Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday warned Hezbollah against trying Israel’s “crushing force” after the Lebanon-based terror group fired shots at Israeli troops along the border the night before.
* Israel's "Settlers" Are Beneficiaries of the Israel-UAE Accord Fortunately, the settlers are behaving vociferously as if they were the biggest losers: this behavior is exactly what the UAE needs in order to sell the accord with Israel in the Arab world.
* The UAE Sees Turkey as a Threat Throughout 2020, tensions between the UAE and Turkey have intensified. As Abu Dhabi sees it, the gravest dangers posed by state actors come from the Turkish-Qatari axis.
* Video: Pierre Rehov’s ‘Behind the Smokescreen’ reveals the reality of the Gaza riots For nearly 20 years, Pierre Rehov and his teams have explored the Middle East with the aim of revealing facts from the field that most media refuse to broadcast.
* Why Iran Is Turning East US pressure might have been an immediate impetus behind the recently leaked Iran-China deal, but the two states have deep historical and ideological ties that drive them together.
* Jordan, Egypt, Iraq summit stresses coordination, Palestinian issues Jordan's King Abdullah II, Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kadhimi and Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sisi "reaffirmed the centrality of the Palestinian cause."
* Turkey’s Erdogan warns Greece against taking ‘path to ruin’ Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says Turkey would not give up “what it deserves” in the Mediterranean Sea, warning Greece against making mistakes that would pave the way to its “ruin,” as the two countries remain locked up in a dispute over energy resources in the sea.
* Greece vows to expand territorial waters to 12 miles. Turkey once said it would be grounds for war Greece's prime minister has announced his country will soon expand its waters in the Ionian Sea, thus exercising a “sovereign right” which Athens' nemesis Turkey has previously considered a justification for war.
* Pope Francis: Unequal Wealth Means ‘the Economy Is Sick’ Pope Francis said Wednesday unequal wealth among nations and individuals reveals a sick economy, “an injustice that cries out to heaven.”
Posted by Shofar Communications at 11:08 AM