* Fighting in Gaza continues as truce collapses Rocket fire into Israel resumes two hours into 72-hour cease-fire; Palestinian sources report 40 killed from IDF artillery fire.
* Amid more talk of cease-fire, Israel says it will not leave Gaza until tunnels destroyed Lapid says after "quiet is restored for a long period of time," there will be agreement along the lines of Egyptian cease-fire proposal.
* Is Israel a David, or a Goliath? And What Are You? We all know the story of David and Goliath, a story that inspires us to root for the underdog. David and Goliath is largely presented as a conflict based on values - David being good, and Goliath being evil. Yet we rarely choose to set aside the morality of the story and look at this conflict as more of a tactical configuration.
* Israeli Frustration With Obama Reaching Boiling Point "Obama is a fool, and Kerry is an idiot." "The Americans' behavior has angered not only Israel, but all moderate forces in the region."
* Weakened, but not down for the count: Hamas may resurface stronger than before After many killed and wounded, Hamas has still not surrendered nor have the people of Gaza rebelled.
* Gaza militants get Disney treatment Hamas propaganda video "Shake Israel's Security" spawns parodies.
* Saudi king condemns Gaza war, but not Israel 90-year-old monarch says conflict is "collective massacre," slams terrorists for tarnishing Islam's purity and humanity.
* Ebola crisis: Virus spreading too fast, says WHO The Ebola outbreak in West Africa is spreading faster than efforts to control it, World Health Organization (WHO) head Margaret Chan has said.
* Jerusalem: Arabs Attack Woman for Attempting to Remove PLO Flag Flag sighted near the Lion's Gate in Old City; police take action only after teenagers guarding the flag riot.
* From tunnels to R-160s, a primer on Hamas and its deadly capabilities The full story of the subterranean passages, thousands of foot soldiers, and large supplies of rockets and bombs, that turned Hamas into a sophisticated enemy.