* EU warns Russia and Turkey are headed for open war EU foreign policy chief warns a 'hot war' between Russia and Turkey may be imminent as Syrian war spins into 'something bigger.'
* Putin's Newest Satellite State Two days before Christmas, as American policymakers were settling into the holidays, Russia quietly signed a sweeping air defense agreement with Armenia, accelerating a growing Russian military buildup that has unfolded largely under the radar.
* Ahead of election, Iran's leader warns of Western 'plot' Iran's top leader warned voters on Wednesday the West was plotting to influence elections pitting centrists close to President Hassan Rouhani against conservative hardliners in a contest that could shape the Islamic Republic for years to come.
* 'This is how the Nazi movement started' Mayor of Efrat sees dangerous precedent in London Underground anti-Semitic BDS campaign.
* Israeli Students to Focus on 'Unity of Jerusalem' The next Israeli school year (2016-2017) will focus studies on the 'unity of Jerusalem,' Education Minister Naftali Bennett announced this week.
* eBay for jihadis: Al-Qaeda fighters using FACEBOOK to buy and sell 'CIA weapons' One post on a Facebook page shows an AGS-17 Soviet-Era grenade launcher available for $3,800 (£2,731).
* Are the Jews of Today Really Descendants of Abraham Who Should Inherit the Land? There are those who claim that present day Jews are not the descendants of the original Hebrews and therefore have no claim to the land.
* Dead Sea Scroll research enters the digital era New digital tools make Dead Sea Scrolls available in ways they never were before.
* Ya'alon: Iran readying sleeper cells to attack US, Europe Defense minister in Cyprus accuses Tehran of being anchor of axis that includes Baghdad, Damascus, Beirut, Saana and elsewhere.
* Russia takes concrete steps towards Syria ceasefire, Turkey continues shelling - MoD Moscow has started taking concrete steps towards ceasefire in Syria, the Russian Defense Ministry said on Wednesday.