* Defiant Iran ignores UN ban, hits up Putin for high-tech tanks, fighter jets Iran's defense minister met Tuesday in Moscow with Russian President Vladimir Putin about delivery of the advanced S-300 air defense system -- and the purchase of powerful offensive weapons, including Russia's most sophisticated tank and jet fighters.
* Turkey calls on US, allies to launch ground operation in Syria Turkey called Tuesday on the United States and its allies to take part in a joint ground operation in Syria, saying it is 'impossible to stop this war' without a greater effort against a Moscow-backed Syrian government offensive.
* Russia's Trap: Luring Sunnis into War After Russia's increasingly bold military engagement in war-torn Syria in favor of President Bashar al-Assad and the Shiite bloc, the regional Sunni powers -- Turkey and its ally, Saudi Arabia -- have felt nervous and incapable of influencing the civil war in favor of the many Islamist groups fighting Assad's forces.
* 'ISIS planning chemical attack against US' American and European intelligence chiefs say the Islamic State group is manufacturing chemical weapons on an industrial scale, and have already used WMDs 'numerous times' in Iraq and Syria.
* 'Hezbollah is covertly watching us, waiting for the day of battle' Lt.-Col. Yehonatan Steinberg, Commander of Battalion 931, said his forces did not encounter Hezbollah on the border fence daily, but that did not mean their forces and 100,000 rockets were not there.
* Arab, Islamic Nations Prepare for 'Northern Thunder' Assault Thousands of soldiers from 20 countries started arriving in the Saudi city of Hafr Al-Batin in the past several days ahead of what organizers said are the largest military exercises in the region, labeled 'Northern Thunder'.
* Israel '15 years ahead' in cyber warfare capabilities Senior IDF official says cyber attacks against Israel down overall in 2015 - but many significant threats remain.
* Oil falls despite Saudi-Russian output deal Oil prices fell on Tuesday despite Saudi Arabia and Russia agreeing to freeze oil output at January levels if other producers follow suit.
* PA and France Team Up Against Israel to Push for 'International Peace Conference' France formally presented Israel with its foreign plan to restart talks for a two-state solution on Tuesday.
* Turkey clashes with allies over attack on Syria Kurds France and the US have urged Nato ally Turkey to stop firing on Kurdish groups in Syria, putting at risk a new 'cessation of hostilities' accord.