* Why aren't Israelis told that Hamas High Command is behind the persistent rocket fire? After 20 rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip in the three weeks since Dec. 7, limited punitive IDF air strikes, which never stopped them before, are still not working.
* The secret backstory of how Obama let Hezbollah off the hook This recent Politico investigative report seems to miss the main point underlying the issue.
* Saudis intercept Yemen rebel missile headed for Riyadh palace Iran-backed Houthi rebels say they targeted royal residence of King Salman ahead of budget unveiling.
* Turkey Mania: "Jerusalem is Muslim" By rejecting Jerusalem's Judaic history, Erdogan is ironically denying that his holy book, the Quran, recognizes the Land of Israel.
* 2018 Global Defense Spending to Hit Post-Cold War High of $1.67 Trillion Iran slightly outspends Israel, both dwarfed by Saudi Arabia.
* New Western Wall Tunnels Synagogue Opened The synagogue is deep inside the complex and is adjacent to the area above which the ancient Jewish temples on the Temple Mount stood, and the inner sanctum of the Holy of Holies in particular.
* Canada Synagogues Get Hate Mail Saying 'Jewry Must Perish' B'nai Brith Canada described the threats as being "an eight on the frighten[ing] scale."
* Nazareth Christmas Festival Under Way The festival includes daily entertainment performances on the streets of the Old City, including street theater, circus and magic performers, fire displays, street music and food stands.
* Education Minister Naftali Bennett: Palestine is a 'Fake State' "We've granted them a state in Gaza and they turned it into Afghanistan in the heart of Israel. We aren't about to make that mistake again," Bennett said.
* Kurds Reported Killed as Mass Protests Sweep Kurdistan Region of Iraq As political supporters of different parties trade accusations, many wonder whether protests will deepen political crises and what the protesters hope to achieve.