* IDF soldier killed, another wounded by bomb near Kissufim A soldier in an IDF tracking unit was killed and another soldier was seriously wounded on Thursday by a bomb near Kissufim in the central Gaza Strip.
* Gaza conditions 'at 40-year low' Gaza's humanitarian situation is at its worst since Israel occupied the territory in 1967, say UK-based human rights and development groups.
* Abbas: Peace is our strategic choice Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Tuesday rejected Washington's demand to return immediately and unconditionally to the negotiating table with Israel.
* Iran rejects new EU nuclear talks Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has refused to enter into any new talks with the European Union about Iran's nuclear program.
* Moscow: new world capital for billionaires Moscow has overtaken New York City as home to the most billionaires.
* Kenya MPs urged to back agreement Kenya's President Mwai Kibaki has urged MPs to pass into law a power-sharing agreement aimed at ending weeks of post-election violence.
* Brussels sees 2008 as 'decisive' for the Balkans Brussels has said that this year could be "decisive" for the western Balkan countries and their EU path.
* Pope approves permanent Catholic-Muslim forum In a ground breaking move Pope Benedict XVI has approved the setting up of a permanent Catholic-Muslim Forum.
* Settlers, government close to 'mini-deal' Settlers and the Defense Ministry are on the brink of concluding a "mini-agreement" on West Bank outposts.* EU alerts delegations to Dutch anti-Koran film The European Commission has sent out alerts to all of its diplomatic missions across the globe.