* Gaza Ceasefire Already Over; War Resumes An Egyptian-brokered ceasefire that Western and Israeli leaders hoped would bring an end to the current Gaza war had already collapsed by Tuesday afternoon.
* Bennett Calls on Hamas 'Cowards' to Stop Using Human Shields Economics Minister Naftali Bennett rejected criticism from leftist NGOs over Israel's military operation against terrorist rocket fire from Gaza.
* Iraq's parliament breaks deadlock to elect new speaker Iraq's parliament has elected Salim al-Jabouri as speaker, breaking weeks of political deadlock amid a jihadist-led Sunni rebellion in the north and west.
* US lauds Israeli 'restraint' after Hamas failure to uphold ceasefire Israel demonstrated restraint for hours after Egypt's proposed ceasefire was set to take effect.
* Hamas got rich as Gaza was plunged into poverty While the fighting is only expected to worsen the distress of the residents of Gaza, the Strip's economic outlook for the Strip was never good.
* MEPs elect Jean-Claude Juncker to head EU Commission A majority in the European Parliament has approved former Luxembourg PM Jean-Claude Juncker to be President of the European Commission.
* NASA: Humans Will Prove 'We Are Not Alone In The Universe' Within 20 Years NASA predicts that 100 million worlds in our own Milky Way galaxy may host alien life.
* Al Qaeda, Hezbollah Battle it out in Syria The Syrian branch of Al Qaeda - Jabhat al-Nusra (the Nusra Front) - has released video it says are of clashes between its men and Hezbollah.
* 'Slightest doubt' cancels mission, says top Israeli pilot Amid a rising chorus of condemnation of the steep civilian death toll in Gaza - there were 172 fatalities in total by Palestinian accounts.
* EU summit may decide only on foreign policy chief Leaders meeting on Wednesday (16 July) are likely to pick only the new EU foreign policy chief.